We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Brand Manager, Value and Sepcialty Brands or a 12-18 month contract.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Brands, the Brand Manager will be responsible for championing all elements of the brand portfolio through the planning and execution of marketing strategy. The ideal candidate will be a self starter able to work independently, you will have strong business acumen and have an incredible eye for detail.
- Lead the strategic direction of assigned brand(s) including brand positioning, volume objectives, advertising/media strategies and identification of key issues;
- Operate as the brand champion throughout the entire company, creating strong relationships with all internal departments;
- Have a firm and comprehensive understanding of regulatory guidelines as they relate to cannabis in Canada;
- Play a significant role with key supplier ensuring mutually beneficial, healthy and sustainable relationships;
- Management of significant budgets within a very regulated yet robust and variable operating environment;
- Lead the annual brand plan development process for assigned brand(s);
- Execute all marketing initiatives, including but not limited to retail promotion, point of sale and merchandise, packaging design, sponsorships, advertising, media planning and direct mail;
- Other duties as may be required.
- Undergraduate business degree, MBA preferred.
- Three years experience in a significant marketing capacity.
- Experience in consumer-packaged goods or a related industry an asset.
- Solid understanding of marketing management.
- Proficient in the use of productivity software.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Trustworthy, able to maintain strict confidentiality.