We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Director of Cultivation.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Director of Cultivation will be responsible for all horticulture-based operations as well as a key team member on future projects/expansions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who takes initiative, displays problem solving and decision-making abilities, has excellent organizational skills and can maintain a positive, professional attitude in a fast-paced and changing work environment. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and sense of urgency coupled with a proven ability to manage staff and build teams.
- Responsible for overall plant health and crop yield;
- Responsible to manage and build teams as our company continues to expand;
- Responsible to prepare budgets and monitor financial performance to plan;
- Work alongside our Horticulture Specialist & R&D team to assess new technology, processes, genetics to continue to improve our horticulture operations;
- Ensure operational KPI’s are met and improved on a regular basis;
- Engage as part of the Senior Leadership Team to develop the business goals and play an active role as a leader within the business.
- Degree/Diploma in Agriculture/Forestry required;
- 10+ years’ experience in horticulture in a leadership role;
- 5-10 years’ progressive management experience;
- Greenhouse/indoor experience required;
- Ability to define goals, metrics and levels of success;
- Strong sense of urgency in meeting deadlines;
- Ability to handle projects with multiple work streams both independently and as part of a team;
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions. i.e. Height, heat, high intensity lighting;
- Bilingual (English and French) would be an asset.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.