We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Junior Inventory Analyst.
Reporting to the Senior Costing & Inventory Manager, the Junior Inventory Analyst will help contribute to the accurate flow of inventory information in accordance with IFRS and company policies, including SOX compliance. The role requires strong attention to detail, time management skills, and effective problem solving to ensure success. This position will assist the Inventory Analyst in the overall reporting and internal controls for inventory of biological assets, bulk cannabis, raw materials, consumables, and packaging materials.
- Assist in physical inventory counts periodically, as well as annually;
- Enter inventory items per company policies and procedures, per standard costing system;
- Maintain organization of master item database and assist in maintenance of internal controls related to master item database;
- Maintain organization of pricing and price changes and assists in maintenance of internal controls related to pricing;
- Assists in reconciling month-end inventory audit summaries to the general ledger;
- Assists in investigating and resolving issues related to inventory
- Assists in completing periodic adjustment to inventory and biological assets per IFRS41;
- Assists in preparing disclosures related to inventory and biological assets for quarterly and annual financial reporting;
- Other duties as may be required.
- University or community college graduate with a Major in Accounting, or 1-2 year experience in an accounting related role;
- Intent to pursue/currently pursuing a CPA designation would be an asset;
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset;
- Detail-oriented, ability to show initiative and take responsibility;
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, coupled with self-starter and self-learning capabilities;
- Ability to adapt to fast paced and constantly changing environments;
- Proficiency in MS 365 or MS Office applications.