We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Laboratory Supervisor.
Reporting to the Senior Regulatory Specialist, the Laboratory Supervisor is a self starter who takes initiative, displays problem solving and decision making abilities, has excellent organizational skills, and can maintain a positive, professional attitude in a fast paced and changing work environment. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and a sense of urgency coupled with a proven ability to supervise staff. Working with team members to develop their existing skills, you will supervise and steer the Chemistry and Microbiology staff by following established GMP procedures. Leadership, for our ideal candidate, is by example and identifying opportunities to improve efficiency.
• Schedule and supervise a team of Laboratory Chemists/Assistants and Microbiologists/Assistants;
• Follow and supervise adherence to Organigrams GPPs/GMPs, SOPs and Cannabis Act;
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with our best practices, policies, procedures, applicable acts and regulations;
• Work in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures;
• Troubleshoot and problem solve issues, challenges that come in the laboratories and champion corrective actions;
• Operate and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment;
• Coordinate Calibration, PM, IQ/OQ/PQ on equipment;
• Write method validation protocols and equipment qualifications;
• Assist with ongoing development and maintenance of the Quality Management System relating to the laboratory;
• Create SOPs, tasks sheet, etc. to meet the requirement of the QMS relating to the laboratory;
• Help to manage non-conforming product by analyzing root causes and developing corrective actions;
• Provide training and support to employees on QMS, GLP;
• Monitor data trends, identify and facilitate changes to achieve specifications and targets;
• Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments;
• Responsible for lab metrics, standards and budgeting supply inventory;
• Work with Suppliers on equipment acquisition;
• Other tasks as required to pivot with business needs.
• BSc degree in Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry required;
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Laboratory Manager/Supervisor in a manufacturing environment (preferably food or pharmaceuticals), GLP, GMP;
• Energetic, career minded professional, a focus on solutions and a commitment to outstanding performance;
• Strong problem solving, decision making and leadership skills;
• Strong computer literacy & computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook;
• Well developed time-management & multi-tasking ability;
• Works with a sense of urgency, takes initiative and follows through;
• Very good thinking, creative problem solving skills & sound judgement;
• Quick learner with ability to work in a fast paced & changing environment;
• Well developed communication skills including listening, summarizing, probing, clarifying;
• Proven ability to interact effectively with a diverse group and within a team environment;
• Proven ability to deliver to specific deadlines;
• Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested in keeping up with Organigram news? Subscribe to our mailing lists and stay up-to-date on Organigram products, patient programs, company news and investor relations.
If you wish to receive newsletters from Organigram Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries, please provide your email address and click on the “Subscribe” button above. If we do not receive your consent, we may be unable to send you communications. If you have any questions, or if you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, please feel free to contact us by phone at 1-844-644-4726 or by email at email@example.com. By clicking “Subscribe” I consent to receipt of communications as indicated above.