Logistics Quality Coordinator
WE are currently seeking candidates for the position of Logistics Quality Coordinator.
Reporting to the QA Manger – Process and Packaging, the successful candidate will be responsible for quality systems and initiatives in the warehouse, logistics and production. The primary goals are to develop and execute appropriate SOPs, documents, procedures, and standards for warehousing and logistics related quality programs. This entails a variety of activities, resulting in non-routine days and diving into potential quality issues and communicating with 3rd party companies.
- Adherence and enforcement of GPP/GMP standards;
- Carry out activities in accordance with our best practices, policies, procedures, applicable acts and regulations;
- Assists with development and ongoing maintenance of policies, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), work instructions, records and forms associated with the Quality Management System (QMS);
- Developing and delivering training to staff regarding quality and regulatory systems;
- Perform internal facility inspections and audits;
- Work closely with various departments to trouble shoot and help problem solve regulatory or quality constraints;
- Coordinate and ensure execution of the day to day activities for materials sampling from warehouse in accordance with GMP regulations;
- Work closely with the Quality and Supply Chain teams on initial supplier and raw material approval;
- Keep all supplier certifications and information files up-to-date;
- Develop and maintain the supplier scorecard and provide feedback to suppliers regarding their level of compliance;
- Remain current with all applicable regulations related to the manufacture through distribution of cannabis products;
- Troubleshoot and problem solve quality constraints and challenges, liaise with operations and champion corrective actions;
- Assist with ongoing development and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS);
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), task sheets, training procedures (TPs) etc. to meet the requirements of the food safety program and to align with the QMS;
- Help to manage non-conforming product by analyzing root causes and developing corrective actions;
- Lead or assist with other initiatives when required.
- Minimum BSc., BBA, or equivalent experience;
- Must have at least 1-year experience in a manufacturing environment with an in depth understanding of a Quality Management System;
- Must have experience with, implementation, management or maintenance of programs such as: GMPs under the NNHPD, GSFI (SQF, HACCP, BRC), etc.;
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, inventory management systems;
- Strong decision making, communication (written and verbal), and leadership skills;
- Resourceful and creative problem solver;
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment;
- Quick learner and adaptable to different situations, able to pivot and re-prioritize as needed;
- Hardworking individual who takes initiative, with an eye for detail.
Deadline to apply is June 7, 2019.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.