We are currently seeking applicants for the position of QA Supervisor - Horticulture.
Reporting to the QA Manger – Horticulture, the successful candidate will be responsible for all areas of quality assurance in horticulture operations. The QA Supervisor – horticulture is a self-starter who takes initiative, displays problem-solving and decision-making abilities, has excellent organizational skills and can maintain a positive, professional attitude in a fast-paced and changing work environment. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and sense of urgency coupled with a proven ability to supervise staff.
- Follow and supervise adherence to Organigrams GPPs/GMPs;
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with our best practices, policies, procedures, applicable acts and regulations;
- Schedule and supervise a team of QA technicians (horticulture);
- Organize, coordinate and verify their daily activities;
- Troubleshoot and problem solve quality constraints and challenges, liaise with operations and champion corrective actions;
- Lead the management of quality related incidents or complaints, lead corrective and preventative measures;
- Assist with ongoing development and maintenance of the Quality Management System;
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), task sheets, training procedures (work instructions) etc. to meet the requirements of the QMS;
- Create Quality Standards to align with Quality Standards Program;
- Help to manage non-conforming product by analyzing root causes and developing corrective actions;
- Develop, update, and provide training and support to employees on quality systems;
- Perform internal facility inspections and audits and follow up with actions;
- Monitor data trends; identify and facilitate changes to achieve specifications and targets;
- Lead or assist with other initiatives when required.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience;
- Experience in similar manufacturing environment;
- Previous experience in a QA management or supervision;
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, inventory management systems (ERP);
- Strong problem solving, decision making and leadership skills;
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment;
- Quick learner and adaptable to different situations, shows initiative;
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment;
- Hardworking individual with an eye for detail;
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions. i.e. height, heat, high intensity lighting;
- Must be able to work on 12 hours rotating day/night shifts;
- Greenhouse/indoor experience would be considered an asset.
Deadline to apply is May 27, 2019.