We are currently seeking candidates for the role of QA Technician - Horticulture.
Reporting to the QA Supervisor/Manager (Horticulture), the successful candidate will be responsible for all areas of quality assurance in horticulture operations. The primary goals are to perform necessary checks in adherence to the quality management system, validating processes and controls, and providing accurate and complete documentation. To do this, you have good understanding of plants’ biology, growth cycles and needs in greenhouse operations; you are resourceful and a creative problem solver; you can work individually as well as in a team environment; you are a quick learner with an ability to consistently meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and changing work environment; you are also highly organized and a fast learner.
- Conducting various QC activities such as air sampling, line checks, room checks, plants count, sample collection, incoming material review, scale verification activities etc.;
- Perform internal facility inspections and audits (example: inventory audits, good production practice inspections, SOP audits etc.);
- Assisting with development and training of standard operating procedures (SOP’s), work instructions, task sheets, batch records, log records, etc.;
- Investigating customer complaints and initiating corrective and preventative actions;
- Comprehensive record keeping including but not limited to sample submission forms, reports, deviations, investigations and corrective actions, record validation and record filling;
- Provide training and support to new employees on quality and regulatory expectations;
- Troubleshoot and problem solve regulatory and quality constraints and challenges, liaise with operations and champion corrective actions;
- Monitor data trends; identify and facilitate changes to achieve specifications and targets;
- Assist with additional tasks as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience;
- Previous experience in a Quality role in a manufacturing environment with an in depth understanding of a Quality Management System;
- An affinity for science, math and /or horticulture would be considered an asset;
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, inventory management systems such as SAGE (ERP);
- Strong decision making and leadership skills;
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Hardworking individual with an eye for detail;
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions. i.e. height, heat, high intensity lighting;
- Must be able to work on 12 hours rotating day/night shifts;
- Greenhouse/indoor experience would be considered an asset.
Deadline to apply is May 27, 2019.