Research & Development Chemist
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Research and Development Chemist.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Development, the Research and Development Chemist will contribute to R&D tasks in all phases of R&D project life-cycles. Projects may include research and technology development for new concepts, or improvements and optimization of existing/current products.
- Study the chemistry and biochemistry of cannabinoids and the absorption and metabolism of cannabinoids;
- Develop and analyze various cannabis formulations;
- Work in conjunction with QA to ensure stability and long shelf life of formulas;
- Challenge the status quo of equipment and process solutions, and articulate new technologies and solutions in a constructive manner;
- Clearly, document all data generated and report all research work performed - includes creation and documentation of study and experimental protocol, development of experimental process, identification and corrections of developmental and manufacturing issues/problems/ observations;
- Prepare and update daily, weekly, and monthly report and Research and Development Plan on experimental activities and results;
- Conduct in-process testing in conjunction with the analytical chemistry team;
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality;
- Perform his/her duties in a safe manner and environment while adhering to all governmental regulations for this industry;
- Continually strive and work with the Production Team to improve our processes for improved safety, quality, and efficient manufacturing;
- Flexible, willing and ready to change direction, evaluate several potential solutions in rapid fashion and adjust to changing direction;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- M.S. or above degree in Pharmaceutics, biology, biochemistry, life science, or B.S. degree with more than 5 years related working experience;
- Enthusiasm for research/computation and hands-on experimentation;
- Attention to detail and efficiency in a laboratory setting;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Self-motivated problem solver and the drive to deliver objectives in a complex environment;
- The ability to plan, put together well thought out design of experiments, anticipate next steps and incorporate course corrections when hurdles appear;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Ability to learn new processes and products quickly.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.