Research and Development Technologist, Edibles
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Research and Development Technologist, Edibles to join our expanding Moncton team.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Development, the Research and Development Technologist, Edibles will assist in the development of final product formulation; specifically in nanotechnology process procedures.
- Conduct experimental design and execution of lab scale, pilot developmental batches to support the final formulation and process for nano-cannabis based dosage forms;
- Evaluation and selection of active/inactive raw materials and packaging components for various products;
- Formulation laboratory testing batches to support product development and regulatory submissions for analytical method development;
- Development of research scale dosage formulations and upscale manufacturing dosage forms and processes;
- Clearly document all data generated and report all research work performed - includes creation and documentation of study and experimental protocol, development of experimental process, identification and corrections of developmental and manufacturing issues/problems/ observations, writing formulation development reports;
- Prepare and update daily, weekly, and monthly report and Research and Development Plan on experimental activities and results;
- Conduct in-process testing in conjunction with the analytical chemistry team;
- Assist in the general operation of the R & D laboratory, including maintenance, training and equipment validation or maintenance, lab supplies and R & D raw materials;
- Additional responsibilities can also be assigned to support business needs;
- The candidates will hold at least a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Pharmaceutics, Chemical or Food Science;
- Enthusiasm for research / computation and hands-on experimentation;
- Attention to detail and efficiency in a laboratory setting performing all duties in safe manner and environment while adhering to all governmental regulations in the industry;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment working with various teams to improve processes for safety, quality and efficient manufacturing;
- Self-motivated problem solver and the drive to deliver objectives in a complex environment;
- The ability to plan, put together well thought out design of experiments, anticipate next steps and incorporate course corrections when hurdles appear;
- Flexible, willing and ready to change direction, evaluate several potential solutions in rapid fashion and adjust to shifting direction;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Ability to learn new processes and products quickly.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.