We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Sanitation Supervisor.
Reporting to the Sanitation Manager, the Sanitation Supervisor is a self-starter who takes initiative, displays problem-solving and decision making abilities, has excellent organizational skills and can maintain a positive, professional attitude in a fast-paced and changing work environment. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and sense of urgency coupled with a proven ability to supervise staff.
While working with team members to develop their existing skills, you will supervise and steer sanitation staff through full cycle sanitation activities from room cleaning to equipment cleaning through to janitorial tasks and waste disposal. Leadership, for our ideal candidate, is by example and walking the talk coupled with identifying opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Reports to the Sanitation Manager;
- Responsible for supervising site sanitation activities of production areas, processing and packaging equipment and overall facilities in accordance with OGI’s best practices, policies, procedures, applicable laws and regulations;
- Responsible for employee scheduling, coordination of cleaning activities to support production and direct supervision of the sanitation team;
- Collaborate to create, implement and maintain sanitation standard operating procedures, master sanitation schedules and associated task sheets or log records;
- Source effective cleaning reagents and tools from suppliers, manage sanitation supply inventory;
- Provide training and support for new employees;
- Monitor sanitation effectiveness through environmental sampling, facility inspections and audits, validation exercises, etc.;
- Monitor results; identify and facilitate improvement opportunities to optimize and improve overall sanitation program, foster a culture of continuous improvement;
- Trouble-shoot and problem solve sanitation constraints, liaise with operations to champion corrective actions;
- Other duties as may be required.
- Previous experience in Sanitation is required (experience in a food manufacturing or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment would be considered an asset);
- Post-secondary education or an acceptable combination of training and experience;
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions. i.e. height, heat, high intensity lighting;
- Bilingual (English and French) would be an asset;
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel;
- Ability to hold and maintain a Security Clearance as per the ACMPR;
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and train staff to deliver outcomes of a high-quality standard;
- Manage change towards achieving business goals.