We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Trade Marketing Manager.
Reporting into the Senior Director of Marketing, the Trade Marketing Manager is responsible for driving the trade marketing & brand activity in the Canadian Recreational Cannabis market, working very closely with the Brand and Commercial teams to develop and adapt strategy to the needs of private retail, national chains and Government Cannabis Boards. Success will be based on the ability to understand customer needs.
- Work closely with the Brand Team and Sales Leads to develop trade marketing strategies that meets brand and regional sales objectives, while aligning to customer goals and executional guidelines;
- Take ownership and responsibility for all launches and develop the right plan to achieve objectives, including but not limited to : launch guidelines, tailoring Top 5 launches for channels / customer, track listings for big bets, promo plans by brand and customer, manage discontinuations, create compelling in store theatre that results in consumers converting to our brand portfolio;
- Brand promo plans by key customer/region;
- Listen and develop a deep understanding of the shopper and generate new insights ; Use appropriate data to fully understand our different categories and key account shoppers;
- Manage retail budgets across all channels to assess effectiveness of market investments and redirect accordingly including the development, management and delivery of sales channel-specific incentives and promotions;
- Building executional trade plans that drive sell-through and present business analyses to key accounts as deemed necessary. Develop and deliver a channel/regional execution and activity calendar;
- Establish monthly and quarterly execution priorities, goals and maintain tracking and reporting;
- Coach and Lead a Retail Marketing Specialist;
- Other duties as may be required.
- Previous Trade Marketing experience (minimum of 2 years), preferably within a consumer driven and fast past sales environment;
- Highly organized with prioritization skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal);
- Highly numerate – strong analytically and Good commercial acumen;
- Category Management expertise;
- Social media and digital experience;
- Cannabis experience would be considered an asset;
- Previous consumer Market Research experience would be considered an asset;
- Experience in leading teams to achieve strong results;
- Ability to create new concepts and a brand vision;
- Strong presentation/communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire;
- Driven by targets with a desire to succeed;
- Previous knowledge of local retail dynamic and the retail environment;
- Financial knowledge and experience in managing a P&L/sales forecasts;
- Integrated-communication campaign planning;
- Ability to inspire, motivate, coach and develop people;
- Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment.